We are hiring - Call for Certification & Impact Officer
The European Business & Innovation Centre Network (EBN) is a non-profit that serves a pan-European and global community of people that use innovative businesses as a driver for regional development. EBN's initiatives include the EU|BIC certification, development and distribution of quality business support programmes, facilitation and initiation of project collaborations, global networking, and advocacy for excellent business support actors like the EU|BICs. Since its inception in 1985, the EBN network has pursued its mission to support the best experts, represent our shared goals, bridge network actors, and use business innovation to inspire and implement solutions for regional economic development. There are now over 130 quality-certified EU|BICs and 46 Associate Members shaping our global EBN network.
EU|BICs are incubators, innovation centres, accelerators, and other business support organisations whose quality of support services delivered to entrepreneurs are uniquely certified by EBN in collaboration with the European Commission. The EBN Secretariat grants and manages the certification of EU|BICs and strengthens the growing international community of business support actors for innovative entrepreneurs. The journey of the EU|BIC through its lifecycle starts with the certification process. Following the completion of an online questionnaire, the candidate member passes through the implementation of an onsite audit from an EU|BIC expert and is finalised with a decision from the EU|BIC Quality Mark Committee (comprised of EU|BIC members and external stakeholders).
The EBN Secretariat is recruiting a candidate, passionate about the European business and innovation world and the role of entrepreneurship in our society. The successful candidate joins the Brussels-based team as Certification & Impact Officer per March 2021.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensuring efficiency and strategic use of EBN Monitoring & Impact Measurement activities, including the development and implementation of data collection strategies.
- Managing the pipeline of business support organisations seeking certification to ensure a smooth process and an excellent member experience.
- Being a key contact for members during their EU|BIC life cycle, communicating with and supporting them if any issues arise.
- Assisting the team with the preparation of reports (prepare findings, analysis, review, etc.).
- Support in creating content for the EU|BIC Training & Resource Centre.
- Ad hoc support to the team delivering technical assistance services at procurement and implementation stage.
In return we offer:
- Market-conform salary package, contributory pension, and additional hospitalisation insurance
- The opportunity to acquire broad communication experience in an international association working from its office in the heart of the EU in Brussels
- 20 days paid holiday + 5 additional days by EBN
- Work travel reimbursement
- 1-3 years of work experience in research and/or monitoring.
- BA/BS required (relevant graduate degree in the areas of economics, international development, business administration, or related field is a plus).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in managing multiple relationships within an organisation, managing different work-strands simultaneously.
- Strong presenter of complex concepts, ability to communicate effectively with clients.
- Technically savvy - highly proficient in Google packages, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, other languages are considered an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and implementing surveys.
- Demonstrated experience with data visualisation tools.
- Demonstrated experience with business support organisations, startups and innovation ecosystems.
- Curious and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Detail-oriented and problem-solving.
- Ability to move quickly between collaborative and independent work styles.
- A self-motivated, quick learner with great initiative who can apply good judgement with confidence.
Qualified candidates should submit their application via email to email@example.com, including:
- Cover letter (maximum one page)
Please use “Certification & Impact Officer” as the subject line of the mail.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Starting date of work: as soon as possible and no later than the 8th of March 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidatures will be treated confidentially. EBN is an equal opportunities employer.
Access the vacancy 'Call for Certification & Impact Officer' in pdf.
Back to News list