Ilia State University
|Organisation||Ilia State University|
|Type||University / Business School|
Kakutsa Cholokashvili Ave 3/5
|Phone||(+995 32) 222 00 09|
|Profile Manager||Tiko Mamuchashvili|
Ilia State University is actively involved in international cooperation projects and priorities of these international projects and programs range from infrastructure and new programs development, improvement of academic and scientific potential and sharing international experience with the leading universities, research organizations, and institutions. Some successfully implemented international projects are related to development new curriculums, STEM popularization, introducing modern technologies in teaching, tech entrepreneurship, etc. More specifically:
- Development of youth coding and tech entrepreneurial club networks funded by European Union/ EuropeAid in 2020
- World Bank Financed Project Facilitation of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Design and Mathematics (STEAM) Bootcamps funded in 2020
- Connecting universities-industry through smart entrepreneurial cooperation and competitive intelligence of students in Moldova, Georgia and Armenia (CONNECT) funded by European Commission Erasmus + CBHE program within 2020 call
- Engineering School for High School Girls - 1-year program dedicated to promote the field of engineering in high school girls funded by the U.S. Department of State, executed by the US Embassy in Tbilisi Georgia through the Democracy Outreach/Alumni Grants Program 2020.
- University of The West Of England in Bristol (UK) and Ilia State University (Georgia) partnership 2018-2021, Creative Spark - Higher Education Enterprise program Grant by the UK Government, administered by the British Council covering student and academic staff trainings in entrepreneurship, innovation, and digital literacy
- Investing in Entrepreneurial Universities in Caucasus and Central Asia (EUCAINVEST) funded by European Commission Erasmus + CBHE program within 2016 call
International projects are funded by the following generous and active donors in higher education: European Commission (within the frames of Erasmus+, Horizon 2020 programme), European Delegation in Georgia, World Bank, NATO, UNDP, USAID, Millennium Challenge Foundation/Account in Georgia, US State Department, US Embassy in Georgia, American Councils, U.S. Civilian Research and Development Foundation (CRDF), Volkswagen Foundation, GIZ (The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH), Academic Swiss Caucasus Net, Open Society Foundation Georgia, Georgia’s Innovation and Technology Agency (GITA) , Georgian Research and Development Foundation (GRDF), and individual higher education institutions in the EU and the United States.
ISU has secured unique position in Georgia’s educational system for its contribution to science popularization, boosting entrepreneurial ecosystem of the country and actively carrying out social responsibility projects/activities:
- For the last 6 years, ISU has been organizing a yearly Science Picnic that had 20000 visitors last year.
- ISU is working with the Young Scholars Network to help public school teachers in developing school STEM clubs, providing trainings in ISU Physics and Biochemistry labs and helping to establish such labs in regional schools; Currently more than 130 schools with around 170 clubs are part of this network;
- ISU is periodically offering STEM academies, where Professors in Physics, Biochemistry, Astrophysics, Linguistics, Engineering, Architecture, Geophysics, Seismology and Software development offer scientific-popular lectures for high school and university students;
- On the basis of its Fablab, Gamelab and Zoomout Start-up accelerator ISU has conducted different makeathons, hackathons, game development contests, robotics contests, start-up contests and similar events involving high-school students and university students.
ISU has conducted several projects and events to train students in innovation and entrepreneurship skills, and currently is implementing the project to incorporate entrepreneurship curriculum into every education program of university.
In the framework of several international projects, ISU offers extracurricular trainings in ICT, Computer Graphics, 3-D modelling, Web-development, Social Media Management, Machine Learning, Drones, IOT to high-school and university students;
ISU has become one of the most desirable universities to study and work for in the country. It has the highest competition rate for PhD programs in the nation and extensive international ties. ISU welcomes more than 17,000 students, has over 1,100 highly qualified academic and research staff, and several research infrastructures in various Georgian regions.
These people work for Ilia State University
666 page views